Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Count to a Million

+3
Megaprr
BAM Blind And Mad
The Silent Watcher
7 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Count to a Million - Page 21 Empty Re: Count to a Million

Post  Blackstar88 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:58 pm

511. Actually in at least my game the humans were mostly in charge of the cidadal after the first game so would lickly change it and second in all the mass effect games I've played so far every one speaks English I also disagree about the paragon renagade choices and are still there and the changed the loot thing in the second one thank god and to be brutally honest all games are just a go there shoot this but are just sometimes better covered up than some you also forgot how they did greatly impove combat and did you play me2 ps have you heard from chopped liver
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:44 pm

512. black, take a deeeeeeeep breath, and split it into sentenses. yes, chopped liver will be coming back soon. also, i don't agree with the whole improving combat. I liked the ME1 combat just as much as the ME3 one. even more, due to the fact that I don't like having little electronic arrows everywhere. Yeah, they added a few things to the combat, but that still doesn't make up for what they lack.
lastly, who says everyone plays ME for the shooting galleries? making a great game isn't just about gameplay. you need a good combination and balance of gameplay, story, mechanics, and graphics. what I like in a good game is a good story. how do I know the story is good? you know that feeling you get when you walk out of a movie theater after watching an amazing movie? That's the feeling I want to get when I finish the ME series, let alone ME3.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 pm

513, I leave for 5 days and the forum sets itself on fire. *sighs* Honestly, I liked ME3's story, as well as the new elements and changes to the structure. You really feel like you are making the Shepard you want to, not just picking the paragon/renegade option for everything. There are some things that could have been better, but the changes were fresh and appealing to me, and the character customization was wonderful. Getting to see all my hard work from the first two games culminate into the final conflict was wonderful, and the classes feel both powerful and balanced. The RPG elements are also wonderfully done, allowing you to really "be" Shepard. But this isn't even the most important fact. The ME3 team likes the work they have done, and are proud of it. Every game has its fault, and in ME3 the team tried to fix most of the issues people had with the game.

And just for the record, the vehicle and combat sections of the first game were terrible. The Mako was like riding a jello roller-coaster, you go every which way at the slightest pot hole. And the powers did so little it wasn't even worth using them. They took forever to cool down, and didn't do much to enemies.

Buggy it may be, but it is a well structured game with tonnes of replay value. Plus the multiplayer is good, if a tad dull after a while.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:05 am

I disagree to a lot of those points. In the speech area of ME3, there are generally 2 options right? But the problem is that Shepard doesn't say exactly that. he says something slightly different, and adds something else. that "something else" is what was in the other option. I've noticed it several times. especially if (this happened to me) you choose one option, then be forced to replay that bit, and choose the other option. the thing he says is exactly the same. so it's a false sense of "being Shepard".
that's another thing I disagree with. Shepard didn't feel to me like I was him. It felt like I was his conscience at most, but still a third party viewer. one thing that supported this is the arrows that appear whenever you go for cover or jumping (which I hated due to it's annoying nature). It would have made more sense in a first person game. because it could have been explained by it being part of a system put into Shepard's helmet or cybernetic amps.
One thing I do agree on however, is the Mako.
yep. the mako was jelly and terrible. couldn't agree more.
Another thing is that I did actually use the powers in ME1. and I liked them.

Last but not least, the "every game has it's fault". I agree. Games do have faults. however, the better the game, the less of those faults it has. ME3 has a looooot of them, therefore, It's not such a great game.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 am

514 I fail to see your points found the arrows useful found story quiet good powers actually useful I feel that you are just knitpicking Know only con with mass effect 3 is liara horable squad mate boring character me2>me3>me1
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:37 am

516, If you had played the second game Megaprr, you would see that a lot of the stuff you complain about is in ME2. The games are well done in different areas, but the fact is that you're knit picking like Blackstar said. Just because the game wasn't a carbon copy of the first game, which you liked, doesn't make it bad. Yes, it's your opinion, but if you had played the second game, you wouldn't be complaining as much, and you'd feel better about the game.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 pm

517. It would be nitpicking if it were a few small things. But there's a lot of them, And some of them are big. Also, I understand it's a different game. But If you're continuing a trilogy, It should have continuous things. I'm not asking for a carbon copy. I'm fine with remaking the citadel if they do it right; not 5 or 6 separate shitty maps. Also, why should I have to play another game in order to enjoy the other? That's absolutely retarded! no one designs a game so that in order to enjoy one, you need to play a different one. Yes, the story matters. But that's about it. I shouldn't have to play it in order to like the other games.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm

518, but that's the point! You're complaining about changes that happened in a game you didn't play! And besides, they broke down the maps because in every other game it took forever to get anywhere.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:29 pm

519. Stop complaining about small things if you dount like it than dount play it but honastly I feel most if not all the changes were for the better and yes in a story driven game like mass effect play all the sequels it explains all the characters better ps do we need to start a new ME disusion area in the forum
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 pm

520. This discussion is for fun guys. It's just a game. Only reason I brought it up is because this thread was rather dull, so I wanted something to spice it up.

I don't really care where the changes happened, but they happened. And it didn't take forever to take everywhere. There was the fast transit (i forget what it's called). Also, Character development isn't as important as the general plot. Yeah, it would have been better to play all 3 games, but I didn't get the chance, so I used the wiki. I read up on lots of the characters. I'm not complaining about the development of NPC's. They're not the problem here.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 pm

521. So what is the problem?
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 am

I had a 30-45 minute conversation with TDK this evening about random shit we didn't like in pretty much everything from Mass Effect 3 to Metroid Prime to movies to games in general.

To sum it up, everyone has their own tastes. Deal with it.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:11 am

Oh I never EVER said that I didn't respect your opinions! In fact, this has all been rather interesting. A lot of the things I hate, lots of others love.

Also, I hadn't watched the extended cut. I take back the part where I said the ending sucked.

Black, there never was a problem. I was merely stating things that I disliked about the game, nothing more.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 am

The problem was, essentially, TDK going nuts and blowing things out of proportion.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:52 am

525, hey, I was defending the game. Megaprr was the one who started it, I just retaliated with the flaws in his logic, and my, and many other peoples, opinions. Seriously, I didn't try to blow it out of proportion.

I also find that statement ironic, hearing that from you. Smile
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:40 pm

-_- WHY is it that every time we say something on the forum everything explodes violently. THIS IS NOT A MAJOR PUBLIC FORUM. formalities aren't that big of an issue (yet). so everyone needs to chill out and take a step back before commenting. Me included.

EDIT: oops. I forgot my number :p 526.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:29 pm

527, seconded.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:14 pm

528. Third
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:14 pm

529, and now on to our regularly scheduled boredom.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 am

530. Oh yay (bordistica)
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 am

531, BAM should be back by now.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:36 pm

532. i hope so, i want to continue my RTD
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:32 pm

533, can't wait for school to start back up. Smile
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 am

534. Ageed DK summer is fun but I'm really getting board can't waight for bio also finally got around to learning how to ride a bike so my dad has to get me a tarantula now:) also saving up for another snake eather brazliian rambow , woma, or jungle carpet
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am

535. well to say the least I am back, and tired as allways. But I am about 2000$ richer so, I suppose I can't complain to much. if anybody wants to do anything let me now however I should be home all week as far as I know. going to be playing xbox for the next couple of days, if anyone wants to join probably a little of this a little of that you know.
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next