A Delicate Balance

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bonus Please?

Post  Primusa on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 pm

OOC: I actually hadn't noticed until you brought it up, but it's been exactly one year since we started the last RP. I'm pretty interested to find out what this bonus is now.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yay party time.

Post  Touch of Ruin on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Seras looked around confused. Random party hats, a room full of goop, and what sounded like an explosion. Why was something always exploding? Don't get her wrong, Seras liked explosions as much as the next person. But they kinda seemed to be getting boring. Walking over to Mr Free to make sure he was okay, she then turned back to her teammates and, once again, realized they were down a member. This could be interesting. 

"Alright. Something happened here and we need to find out what. Faust, you and your loli figure out a plan of action. Im going to look through this room and see if we can find anything useful."

With that, she began picking through the room and trying to avoid the white lumps. 


OOC: Alright, it seems clear to me that Primusa is more less our tactician. If thats an assumption I shouldn't make, let me know. Also I apologize Contemplator although Im not sure if thats something I shouldn't have said or there is another reason why its so complicated. ALSO SINCE WHEN DO I POST FIRST.
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Correct! Also it sounds like we need to move on to Super Explosions!!!

Post  Contemplator on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 am

pale
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh My POST!!!!!!!!! TIVE ME BACK MY post!!!!!! You blasted phone!!!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE IT WITH THIS SMILIE!!! 
gIVE
ME
MY
POST
BACK!!!!!

Contemplator
Registered User

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-01-18
Location : Ask yourself this: Why do you want to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hangover

Post  Primusa on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 am

I wake up out of an unconscious slumber off the floor with drool dripping out of my mouth, the biggest headache of my life, and the feeling that lots of time had passed. Bottles of alcohol are scattered throughout the place. Shit, what kind of party went on here? I can't seem to remember any of it. The party decorations seem oddly out of place in the destroyed room, and appear to have come out of nowhere. As for what said decorations are supposed to be celebrating, I can never be sure what higher purpose they serve. Well, whatever, I'll just ignore it. I'm completely unsure of what to do now that we're here, I guess I'll just ask Arthria, I mean Aria. Damn, that new name will take some getting used to. Hopefully she had something in mind considering that she decided to come in the building with me for once. I can't discount the possibility that she's completely forgotten everything about the reason we're here in the chaos of the party that I can't remember. I stumble awkwardly over to her and shake her awake from her passed out stupor on the floor. Wait, did everyone serve alcohol to a twelve year old girl? Forget it, Ezekiel. Forget it. She wakes up and looks confused before talking to me. "What happened? My head hurts so much". I frantically try to think of an excuse. "They must have drugged us, that's why everybody's passed out on the floor". She scans the room and sees the bottles of alcoholic beverages. "But wait, why's there..." I rapidly interrupt her. "No questions, just tell me what we should do from here. I hope they haven't made any progress while we were drugged." With much effort, she strains her mind and says: "Well, we're in a weapons depot, so I suppose we should look for weapons while we're here. Hopefully we'll find something I can use. Additionally, we can arm the team". Sounds great, I seem to remember Seras telling me a while back that we should be in charge of our tactics. A wise decision, If I do say so myself. I shake everyone awake and inform them of this plan.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHAT WHEN WHY.

Post  Oneal812 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:36 am

I don't even know what's happening at this point. I think there was a party here? I don't remember anything... Is the loli drunk?

I'm seriously starting to question whether or not this whole team thing is going to work out. I'm 90% sure that they were sober when we got here. Then again, I think the space time continuum broke again because it feels like we have been in this lobby for weeks. I suppose rifts in reality would be a good enough excuse for drinking. I think I'll sit this one out. The last time I went to a party Seryu got REALLY drunk, and that didn't end well for anyone. Having a cloud that is at least 70% alcohol crammed into a room with stupid people makes a party fall apart REAL QUICK. It seems that Ezekiel has managed to regain consciousness and wants to formulate some type of plan with us. I guess we will just have to trust the judgement of a hungover bug and his drunk little girl. Can't wait.
avatar
Oneal812
Registered User

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : Canadadadadadadada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's about time, damn it

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:19 pm

--Vasto Armory, Unknown Location--

The soldiers continued to load up the weapons, having already been given the orders from their superiors. One of them sat up high on the rafters, several meters above as he watched them work.

“Nearly cleared out the entire place… and entirely uncontested too.”

The couple stood below him. “Strange, is it not?” The masculine one spoke.

“Well, that leaves us more time to ourselves, does it not, Daniel?”

“Why of course, my darling…”

“Get a room, you two,” The one on the rafters clutched grumbled as he clenched his fists. “Now if only there was actually some action around here… but our job comes first. Almost done, and no resistance.” He spat down from his place in the rafters. “Pathetic.”

One of the squad leaders approached the couple. “The room is clear.”

“Fantastic,” the feminine one remarked. “If I recall correctly, then that means-”

“We’re done, my dear,” Daniel finished for her. “And no losses whatsoever. He will be pleased.”

The one on the rafters jumped down, growling. “Very well. Everyone prepare to vacate the premises.” 


--Vasto Armory, Main Entrance--

Ezekiel+Arthria:
In front of Ezekiel and Arthria, two beautifully decorated cakes appear, levitating just above chest level, and revolving slowly.

Seras:
You walk over to Mr.Free looking down at him, he looks right back at you, as he continues to lie there, as if it he'd meant to fall down. He doesn't do anything other than glare at you, but it seems he's alright and he'll probably follow you into the armory when you all are ready.

Continuing to look around you notice that the auto turrets seem to have been destroyed with thier own bullets, or at least made to look that way. Continuing to investigate you walk further into the room, shivering as you pass a few of the strange lumps. It's even harder to keep on your feet as you keep going, the ground is horribly slippery and the atmosphere almost seems to get colder and darker. Moving over to the small craters in the ground, upon careful observation, the marks seem to have been caused from explosions underneath the floor.
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

???

Post  Primusa on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm extremely confused right now. Two beautifully decorated cakes appear in front of myself and Aria. What to do in this situation? I'm somewhat tempted to start eating the cake, but remembering the party, that doesn't seem like a wise course of action. We have been distracted for long enough already. As such, in agreement, we decide to ignore the cakes and continue looking for weapons.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blink.

Post  Contemplator on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:24 am

The cakes move to reorient themselves in front of Ezekiel and Arthria, and being to flash insistently. The room remains absent of any weapon beyond the wrecked turrets.

Contemplator
Registered User

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-01-18
Location : Ask yourself this: Why do you want to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

After a bit of necromancy, we're back!

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello everyone, at a surprise request to restart this from the players, we are back. Before we begin once more, we thought it best to create a refresher post as a brief summary of what happened since we left off.

- The main group (Ezekiel, Arthria, Virgil, Seras, Mr. Free) are at the armory on a mission due to a tip Mr. Free received that a strike would occur there.
- Elena is still captured (oh noes)
- Saul is in the middle of what has so far been a very long phone call

At this point, we won’t be too particular about the posting order since neither I nor Contemplator remember it, honestly. Unless I’ve missed something, that’s pretty much it. Happy hunting!
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Serious Conversation

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:11 pm

“…So, what is it?” I ask alongside a sigh of defeat, seeing as there’s obviously no way out of my situation. “What do you want with me?”

“Actually, I believe the question is, what do they want with you?”

Since I have no idea what he’s talking about and I’m in the role of the captive, naturally the only option is to give a sarcastic response.

“…Excuse you?”

“The power plant was attacked, yes? There was a group there led by a man wielding a sword. Additionally there was one of my own, but he is of our own forces, so let’s not worry about him for now,” he redirects the conversation as he begins to walk across the room. “Now, I’m not sure why, but this organization was willing to pay... a rather significant amount of money for your capture.” Huh. Imagine that. Aside from being sarcastic for the hell of it, perhaps I can make him angry enough to have him say something he didn’t intend to. You know, I always figured I’d die from being sarcastic at the wrong time…

“I don’t know what they’ve got in mind, but I’m pretty sure there’s a brothel around those parts,” I shrugged off his explanation. At this, he stopped rather suddenly and gave me a dead stare.

“I’m trying to have a serious conversation with you here.”

“Oh, and so am I. And I’m failing. And I’m sorry for that. It’s just that I’m so agitated. Because these asshats decided to stroll into this power plant, shoot the place up, and now I’ve been captured by some guys who insist that I know that an organization I never even knew existed, wanted to stalk and capture me for some ulterior motive. Did I miss anything?” I add sweetly with a cynical tilt of my head.

The man simply continues to stare into my soul before he sighs. “We have methods to remove that attitude of yours… if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go and make sure that the accommodations are made for said methods to be put to use… I’ll be giving you one more chance, however, to do this the easy way once I return.” Nothing more. Before I can add anything else, he turns and walks out.

Looks like he was too level-headed to let anything slip. Doesn’t matter now. Since I’m now alone, it looks I’ve got some time to orchestrate some plan of escape…
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An Answering Call

Post  Contemplator on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:49 pm

(In response to Saul's call to AD on page 10)

Saul chuckled lightly into the phone and spoke softly.
"Hello AD, this is SV. I hope you remember me. I heard your company was doing well and I wanted in on the action. Think you could help me out? Oh and say hi to Jack for me."

"SV hmmm?"....
AD thought for a bit.... And then several months more.
"I don't think I know you, ah you must have met my predecessor, AD is a title rather than a name, and I'm afraid that in a competitive industry such as this death is inevitable."
As he talked AD reached down and pulled a small device out of his pocket, it looked like a 20 questions ball but with a small keyboard and what looked like the roman numeral II (2) engraved into the back. Flipping it around he began typing, options began appearing on the screen:

Search:

"Information"

General
->Individual
Organization
......

Individual selected, please enter know information:
"SV, alias"............4 known possibilities fit your search requirements;

   1. S Vain; Status: deceased, Ability:....

   2. SV; Status: alive, Location: 11.35º South, 14.22º East, Actions: Currently shopping for Groceries, has 4 oranges, 1 plum...

   3. Albert Warboat; Status deceased, Alias: SV (editors note: reason for this remains a mystery even to me)...

   4. Saul Vorhölle; Status: alive, IMPORTANT!: Has had previous run in's with the organization, specifically with Jack Diamante while training with Hunter Brooks (AD#4). Extreme care should be taken with this individual. Ability: Rift Walk Description below. Location: 10.00º South, 13.22º West, Currently outside what was the
Star Platinum casino....

AD continues reading as he talks, "Ah you must be Saul, I'll be sure to say hello to Jack for you...". There's a brief pause as if AD is surprised before he continues to speak, "I see that
Veryon is with you right now, hmmm tell you what, I'll make you a deal since your with him. I could actually use a few extra unofficial hands right now, you see I need my current business partners to fail hard right now but I cant do it myself, but that's work for you. Anyhow if you could go down to the Vasto armory and cause some havoc I'd see that you'd be well paid for your time. Oh and say hello to Veryon for me."



OOC: I'll be sending Oneal details on what Veryon knows about AD soon. Obviously you can ask him for those in person or through PM but your characters don't have that information until unless Veryon tells them. I know you all already know that, but it didn't hurt for me to say... I hope.

Contemplator
Registered User

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-01-18
Location : Ask yourself this: Why do you want to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What to do?

Post  Primusa on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:14 pm

I suddenly and abruptly snapped back into reality. I can see a cake in front of me, and looking to the side, there is another cake in front of Arthria as well. What in the world happened? Did we really spend many months contemplating whether or not to eat these mysterious floating cakes? I shake Arthria out of her daze, while telling her to snap out of it. She groggily growls as a result: "What is it Ezekiel"? Calmly, but firmly, I say: "Arthria, let's just eat the goddamn cakes, or else nothing will ever change". She replies: "fine, eating some potentially dangerous cakes is better than being comatose forever, right?" I can definitely agree with that sentiment. Thus, we eat the cakes, and wait to see what happens.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Escape (Sans piña coladas) Pt. 1

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:12 pm

The room I am kept in appears to be locked in pretty tight; armored on the outside, and the door leading in appears to have some form of high-tech lock. I seriously doubt I could blow it off its hinges by myself; it wouldn’t be much of a challenge with Kristal, but they very obviously have locked him up. Thus from the inside, this place seems very much unescapable. So it looks like I’ll be getting tortured when that guy gets back. Out of frustration, I slam my fist into the ticking wall behind me. Wait… ticking? Fuck my life.

I quickly scramble to the other side of the room, tipping over a table to use as cover from the shrapnel. I had taken cover just in time for a resounding “boom” to be let out. Surprisingly, the wall crumbled rather than exploded, not to say the resulting crash wasn’t dangerous at all, spraying debris all over the room. Thankfully, my makeshift barrier absorbed the hits I would have otherwise taken. Not sure why my cell was well furnished, but at this point, I’ve decided not to question it. But, I suppose this means someone has come to break me out…?

On that thought, a young girl with blonde hair reaching down to her shoulders dressed in a simple dark blue dress peeks into the room. “…Are you Elena?”

“…Uh huh,” I simply nod, dumbfounded at who my suggested liberator was.

“I’m Amelia. Amelia Fenwick. So you want to get out of here before whoever wants to torture you… well, tortures you?” She bluntly suggested.

“…That would be best. But, my weapon’s in that safe over there outside my cell, and I would really appreciate it if we could go get that first…” At this, Amelia nodded and stepped in through the large hole in the wall to inspect the lock on my cell.

“Ah, a 128-bit Xaler-tech lock. Layers upon layers of encryption. Lucky for you, I know just how to handle this one,” she said with a smile before proceeding to fire several bullets from her dual pistols into it, upon which the door slowly opened. “Ta-da,” she proclaimed.

Well, at least she’s got a sense of humor.

“Shouldn’t we be hurrying this up a bit? Aren’t there guards here?” I voice one of my concerns which understandably, would be pretty important.
“I wouldn’t worry about them,” she sighed as she put several more bullets into the safe where Kristal was locked up. I was confused at first, but then I heard wild screams from the hall, supposedly from the guards. Not sure what their problem is, but I do appreciate that they’re distracted to some capacity.

The safe door opened in much the same manner as the first. Eagerly, I retrieve Kristal.

“Good to have you back, buddy,” I greet him. I can feel the energy flow through him once more as he reactivates from my touch.

“…Did we get captured?” He stirs as if he had been sleeping.

“Yeah. No time to talk about it now, we have an escape to make. Bow form, please.” Kristal chuckles and complies.

“So it actually talks…” Amelia says aloud to herself.

“No idea how. Anyways, shall we leave?” I respond, ignoring the fact that she somehow knew Kristal was able to communicate. A thought for a less… pressing scenario.

“Let’s go then,” she commanded as she reloaded her pistols.
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I can be threatened, and so not a single "The cake is a lie" phrase will be written anywhere on this post.

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:58 pm

--Ezekiel and Arthria--

As you begin to eat the cake it suddenly flashes brightly, blinding both of you for a second. Ezekiel recovers quickly, and notices that in place of his cake, a small leather pouch has appeared, falling towards the floor. He manages to snatch it as it tumbles.

Arthria is not as fortunate. The pouch that had appeared in front of her, hits the ground, its contents, a loose almost clear powder, similar to flour in consistency bursts out, beginning to fill the air of the room. Your comrades involuntarily breath in some of the powder in surprise, however after a shocked second other than the powder continuing to lightly spread through the air nothing seems to have changed and you notice no ill effects.

Though the cake disappears the leather pouches remain unchanging in your hands and on the ground. It appears the pouches at least were a true gift.
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Delicate Balance

Post  bentup23 on Sat May 07, 2016 3:16 pm

.

bentup23
Registered User

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ANNNNND We're Trying again!!! Welcome and Welcome back!

Post  Contemplator on Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 pm

OOC (Out Of Character): Hey everyone you all should have a brief Private message telling you how (and maybe even why you are at the Vasto Armory. Check it out!)

For your own reasons you all gather around the entrance of the armory, it looks exactly like it did in previous posts, in your group there is a large wolfman, what looks like his teenage companion, a man dressed in many multicoloured robes, an elf in a simple brown robe, and a middle aged man wearing a Vasto Armory shirt, with sweats and a tie.

Contemplator
Registered User

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-01-18
Location : Ask yourself this: Why do you want to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Who are all these fuckers?

Post  Touch of Ruin on Fri May 20, 2016 9:56 pm

As Torren walked up to the armory, he scanned the small group of people who had gathered there. None of them seemed to terribly interesting except for the monk riding a giant building with spider legs. As he looked them over he noticed that the spider building whateverthefuck was built out of iron, which would be rather useful to have around. He decided to make himself some friends and awkwardly said "Hey everyone."
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Delicate Balance

Post  6x7is42 on Sat May 28, 2016 9:05 pm

Qilong Lobsang dozed inside the Stumbling Temple, his brain pleasantly swimming in a particularly fantastic strong-wine. As he slept his dreams swam through his head. Of goals, gifts, promises, and one very disturbing non-euclidean duck. All these dreams were undoubtedly gifts from the Corpse God Who Reeks of Flowers. As his thoughts drifted and flowed, the Temple  followed, same, heading toward his destination. Water clocks followed through hollowed tubes, spinning prayer wheels, gently propelling itself forward on its six legs. Eventually Lobsang's dreams began to pool, forming a stagnant pond. The Temple stopped outside a heavily guarded armoury
Qilong drinks deeply from a wineskin near the patch of dirt that was his bed. He grabbed some cheese, a couple of small jars, and hard bread, making his way to the outer deck of the Stumbling Temple. Gracefully he fell off the large structure hitting the ground as the Temple sank to the ground behind him.
He approached the group with a wide smile.

“Hello! Well met, and  may a sunflower grow from your skull!” Qilong pauses to take a bite of cheese and a swig of some liquid from a flask produced quite deftly from one of the thousands of pockets sewn into his robes, “Can I offer any help?”

6x7is42
Registered User

Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Delicate Balance

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum