A Delicate Balance

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigation Mode.

Post  Contemplator on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Hello, it's me, we are now entering something I want to try before we get too deep into the RP. It's a pretty simple concept, instead of posting every single thing you could think of in a giant block of text, We've made a simple broad description of the place you will arrive at. Now your free to look around and do whatever you want, enter the surrounding buildings, talk to the tree's, examine the surroundings... whatever, simply post "and __(Character)___ looks around" or "____ say's hello to the tree" or "_____ enters the building and gauges his surroundings"and we will respond with an appropriate response as soon as possible.

The idea of this is too give your characters as much freedom as possible. Note that this is just a test,depending how it goes we will decide whether or not to keep using it. So if you hate it or love it let us know.


Last edited by Contemplator on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Contemplator
Registered User

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-01-18
Location : Ask yourself this: Why do you want to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aaaand We're Here!

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:36 pm

After a long drive through the city, and then a slow drive through traffic, and a longer drive through the eastern outskirts of the city, the car finally pulls to a stop outside a long wire fence, overgrown with ivy.  Looking closer you can see a small well paved walking path leading to a large if unassuming building. There are a few old pine trees around the building and the grass lawn around it looks well cared for.  A billboard outside the main entrance reads: "Welcome to the Occursus Power Plant, first of its kind, and one of the main power sources to your city!"

Getting out of the car, Mr.Free announces to his students; "Alright everyone, here we are now remember the path to glory is a hard one, so keep a close watch, the Occursus company is paying me very well to make sure nothing happens here, so keep a close eye out for trouble! Now I'm off to relax and... I mean I'm going to meet with the man in charge of this place and sample his fantastic alco...  look over his own security measures."

With that said Mr.Free walks off whistling and if you listen really carefully you can hear him muttering "perfect place... keep my head down... no work... free money..."

_____________________________________________

--Power Plant Control Room--

The control room was quiet, save for the quiet chatter of a few workers here and there as they worked with a large, complex bank of system consoles. The room was lit by bright lights all around as the blinking lights of the consoles flashed red and green.

The heavy metallic doors suddenly opened, revealing several other workers in uniform led by who appeared to be the supervisor for the site. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing to turn around and see that their boss had come in.

“Get back to work,” the supervisor commanded. “There’s some business in here I need to take care of.” The workers listened to his command and went back to working with the consoles, much more diligently than before. What they hadn’t noticed were the new workers spreading out around the room, taking the back of one worker each, while the supervisor took the center, where the main console was being operated.

The supervisor grinned madly from ear to ear as he raised his hand, snapping his fingers. With that, all of the workers who had come with him pulled out their combat knives from under their uniforms, slashing the necks of the workers that they had been standing behind. They tore off their disguises to reveal long, red cloaks with an insignia on the back, one of a shattered white cross.

Meanwhile, the “supervisor” pulled out a razor-sharp playing card, using it to behead his victim. Once he confirmed that all of the workers were dead, he took off his disguise, revealing a black suit jacket with a simple white shirt underneath, and black pants. He put on a pair of white gloves and proceeded to push his victim out of the chair, sending him to the floor with a thud.

He sat down in the chair and pulled out a small earpiece. Putting it on, he pressed the “transmit” button and simply said, “It is done.” He pressed the button once more to stop the transmission, and pulled out a cigar and lighter. He placed the cigar in his mouth and lit it, grinning all the while.

“Too easy,” he remarked as he pulled out a deck of cards from his sleeve and began to idly shuffle them.
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Comatose Reminiscence

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:33 am

Well, we're here. Unfortunately, the nature of the mission wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. Looks like we're just standing guard around here.

I notice that Seras is still in the car, so I walk over to her door and open it, and proceed to shake her. "Hey, you can stop reminiscing now, we're here," I tell her, sticking out my tongue. 

As to what I should do now... the hell should I know? Was Mr. Free supposed to tell us? Whatever. Guess we're choosing where to go ourselves from here. I turn to my other team members, who, unlike Seras, were very much conscious. "I guess we're on our own now. Well, I suppose I'll take the perimeter. Feel free to come along if you want," I offered. We were being paid for making sure that things didn't happen. Fun. Might as well try to get someone to tag along.

I take a left at the gates and turn right at the first corner, starting my circle around the perimeter and gauging the surroundings.

"Looks like this'll be a while, Kristal," I tell him with a bored sigh.

"I don't mind the quiet..." Of course, this is the kind of thing that only he would like. No fun allowed.

"Oh, shush you."
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Triggering the Flag

Post  Primusa on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Damn, I shouldn't have expected anything less from Mr. Free. It appears that this job was only a ruse to earn quick, easy money while essentially doing nothing. We were just going to be the guard dogs of a facility where most likely nothing will happen anyways. This was after he had talked about the path of glory and exaggerated(bullshitted) the importance of this job. What a disappointment, I have far better things I could be doing at the moment. I notice that Seras was still in the vehicle, being non-responsive to Elena's attempts to remove her from the vehicle. "Seras, get up" I say impatiently. Unfortunately, she doesn't respond, and it really feels like she's been reminiscing for days now. Just then, I see Arthria get off her motorcycle and start stomping toward me, looking furious. Rather than going with Elena to scout the perimeter, I decide to hang back, both to watch over the apparently comatose Seras, and explain the situation to Arthria. Just then, an oddly catchy theme starts playing in my ears, I smack the side of my head, but it doesn't stop. Was it my imagination? It was then that Arthria reached my location. "What the hell are you doing!" Yup, she seems mad. I need to explain my way out of this situation carefully if I don't want to be whipped or beaten. "There's been a slight change in plans. I was whisked off after the exam to this job, and it seemed preferable to the alternative, which entailed getting mixed up in that arena brawl". She looks very flustered after, it seems like my argument was effective. "B-b-but you left me behind, made me steal some guy's motorcycle to keep up, and I was nearly killed by a biker gang. Only my expert disguise allowed me to slip away and escape their pursuit". I worked really hard to suppress a laugh, I don't think she would take well to me laughing at her nearly being killed, but those guys must be really stupid to fall for such a disguise. Or maybe I'm just really smart, and sunglasses really are an effective disguise for most people. Just then, I'm presented with the tools I need to escape this unfortunate predicament I find myself in.

1. I love you.

2. I'll protect you.

That isn't really a choice! But wait, I suppose I should explain this to those audience members who may be unaware. For some reason, whenever I talk to women, I am often randomly and without warning presented with choices dictating all my possible actions. It is impossible for me to choose anything other than the options presented to me. As a result, I often have to pick very rude or often disdainful choices to avoid triggering romance flags on any females I talk to. In this case however, it seems that there is no option to opt out. Could I have finally reached the default route? At first glance, both choices appear to lead to the same outcome, but the short term implications could be very different. I am definitely leaning towards option two. I can see several problems associated with choosing option one in the short term. Firstly, Arthria is definitely very tsun at the moment, and she would likely not respond well to a random confession. Her pride would prevent her from accepting it and forgiving me so easily. Secondly, I am often told that I am also a tsundere, option two is embarrassing enough, but I definitely couldn't say option one. Thirdly and most importantly, I am very uncomfortable with the prospect of triggering a romance flag with a 12 year old, especially when said 12 year old is being possessed. That said: "I pick Option Two!" Arthria looks very confused. "What the hell are you saying?" I promptly silence her with a hug. "I'm sorry I left you behind, I didn't mean to, but you know that I'll kill anyone who tries to hurt you, including that biker gang if they come back for you". "G-g-get o-o-f-f me" she timidly says. I know she doesn't really mean that, but I comply and smile to myself. Mission accomplished, anger is now dissipated.

-----------------------------------------

OOC: Do you ship it? Also, feel free to talk to Arthria now. I will answer for her.


Last edited by Primusa on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I'm already shipping it.

Post  Oneal812 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:38 pm

We have finally arrived at our destination, but judging by Mr. Free's behaviour I think this is going to be a heck of a lot less interesting then I thought it would be. I'm also starting to regret my trunk decision. The roads here were not exactly the greatest I've seen and not having a seat certainly didn't help my sore arm. It looks like Elena has already headed out to the perimeter and Ezekiel... Um... I don't even know. It seems like he is being forcefully shipped with a 12 year old. I better keep him away form any roofs for the time being just to be safe. That just leaves Seras. She seem's to be passed out in the car though.
 
"Seras, wake up. Seras? SERAS!!!!!!!"

For someone with sound powers she doesn't react to yelling nearly as well as I thought. Whatever, it looks like Ezekiel is going to hang back here and watch over her. It's a good thing Elena already left or we might be getting into some serious harem territory here. I begin to walk towards the main gate of the building. With Elena covering the perimeter and Ezekiel near the car this seems like the last major place to protect. Standing directly outside it might not be the best idea with my extreme lack of guns so I climb a nearby tree instead. Time to wait around I guess. Not like anything exciting is going to happen. 

I probably just jinxed us.
avatar
Oneal812
Registered User

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : Canadadadadadadada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Im awake damnit

Post  Touch of Ruin on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Snapping out of her daze, Seras climbed out of the car and quickly avoided the possible shipping taking place near her. Looking around, Seras took note of Virgil up in the tree and, noticing Elena was gone, assumed she was taking the perimeter. Figuring outside was secure enough Seras decided to go inside and look around the plant. It was a monstrous building, full of hallways, people and noise. So many interesting sounds. Seras quickly began following them with her mind identifying each one. It was a fun little game until things actually happened around here, and they all knew nothing was gonna happen around here. Right? ....Right?

----------------------------

OOC: sorry its taken this long. Lots of things have come up that Ive had to deal with. Book will hopefully be out tonight. If not, don't shoot the messenger.
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHY?

Post  Contemplator on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:48 pm

OOC: Wouldn't there need to be a message first? Or should we just shoot the guy who doesn't post? Is that any different? (Though to be fair my post was late too). 

And which is worse the shipping of a god in a twelve year old's body, the anime reference, the fact I get the reference, or the fact people agree with the shipping?

Contemplator
Registered User

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-01-18
Location : Ask yourself this: Why do you want to know?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It Goes Down

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 pm

Virgil: You walk the ten feet left of the car to the gate, it looks exactly the same as it did when you were standing by the car. Down the road from the same direction you came from you hear some quiet humming like the sound of a few large cars in the distance.

Ezekiel: You have successfully avoided triggering the romance flag for now... Would you like to save your progess? Down the road from the same direction you came from you hear some quiet humming like the sound of a few large cars in the distance.

Elena: Walking around the perimeter of the plant, you quickly lose sight of the other students you left behind. Keeping a steady eye out for... well anything, you glance around, but there's not a lot different so far, the building looks a little weathered but in otherwise good shape, the few side doors around the perimiter look fine with no sign of blood or anything esle interesting, the fence running around the building is perfectly fine if a little overgrown, the small parking lot is full of cars with all thier tires cut, theres only one body hidden underneath the cars, missing his clothes.  Upon further inspection it appears that he was pulled from his car then killed. Probably the boss was annoyed that someone parked in his spot.

Taking a second look around you notice the high security door into the building from the parking lot hanging open.

Seras: You enter the building, giving way to a large entrance room. The front desk several feet away from you is occupied by several workers talking amongst each other, though it’s hardly about their work; they seem to be slacking off, more than anything.
 
Aside from the small reception area, the rest of the space leads to a hallway going deeper into the building, dividing into a left and right path further down, brightly lit by overhead lights. There were several colored lines that marked the way to the different rooms. The ones to the left read:

Purple – Head Offices

Green – Control Room

Red – Generators

To the right:

Yellow – Employee Lounge

Orange - Laboratory

A security guard stood at the bisecting path, lazily slouching against the wall, as the workers made their way through the halls, idly chatting.

--Outside of the Power Plant--

A transport unit made up of several military-grade vehicles drove towards their destination, their leader at the wheel of an armored vehicle. He wore a hooded, long red cloak like the others, but his was trimmed with a gold color, signifying his higher rank. As he drove, leading the others, he received a transmission from the mercenary that was hired to lead the infiltration group. The transmission was a simple “It is done”. He scoffed, blowing his long black hair out of the way of his face, revealing his dull red eyes.

He pulled out a receiver from the radio in the vehicle, and set it to transmit the message to all of the others.

“This is Zane,” he announced, not caring for the formalities in rank. “The first phase of the plan has been initiated. You know what to do next,” he commanded. With a growl, he finished, “And if you don’t, you were never of use to the cause anyways.” With that, he threw the receiver back into its holding place as the entire convoy sped ahead, arriving at the gates of the power plant, where Virgil, Ezekiel, and Arthria are standing. "Let's get this over with quick," he thought to himself with a growl.

In a rush, cloaked figures stormed out of their vehicles, armed with wicked curved blades and assault rifles, running towards their destination. Zane opened his door and jumped out with no rush. “This is an easy job,” he thought to himself. “Why must I be the one who wastes his time with this?”  He pulled out a blade which was much more different than the others.

It was long, like a rapier, yet much thicker and spread out at the base of the blade, almost resembling the base of a jousting lance. It becomes thinner not much further down, ending in a wickedly sharp point. The blade was colored a dull silver.

“What a waste it’ll be to use this on such a poorly guarded place…” He complained then using a quick hand signal to order his squad to train their firearms on the unfamiliar trio. "They don't look like workers..."

He raised his blade, pointing it towards the three. “And you guys are?”



OOC: Hey would you look at that, more development than the last rp already? Fascinating.
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OH OK.

Post  Oneal812 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Oh no, enemy gamers. At least I think they are enemies. They look evil enough. So it looks like something will happen today. I would like to think that Mr. Free knew this was going to happen and brought us here for a proper assignment. If only. Either way, they look serious and seem to be demanding to know who we are. I'm not sure if I would be the best suited for talking so I guess I'll leave it to my team. Just to be safe I begin to gather Seryu around the trucks. Maybe Ezekiel can talk something out. He's kinda evil so they can have evil discussions about evil things. You know, like lolis.
avatar
Oneal812
Registered User

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : Canadadadadadadada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Strategic Retreat

Post  Primusa on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:15 am

It's a bittersweet feeling really, unexpectedly something actually happened, and there are currently armed men storming the power plant. On that front, what a great, wonderful surprise. However, I am currently in a strategically disadvantageous position, and the massive problem is that Arthria is standing in very close proximity of me and within the eyesight of the enemies. She would very likely be killed by the men while I'm occupied with fighting them off from the power plant. I can't protect her and fight them at the same time, my current position is untenable. Thus, a temporary retreat is in order; I have to get her to a safe position, then return to continue the fight. Virgil looks at me expectantly to reply to the man's question. However, it is quite apparent that these men have no desire for diplomacy, and engaging in conversation with them would be quite pointless. Another part of this decision is that I'm actually deeply concerned about Arthria's safety for a number of reasons, and if it means ditching my team to ensure it, then so be it. With that in mind, I tightly grip Arthria, transforming my upper body into a crab to shield her from the bullets, my lower body into a grasshopper, and jumping for the roof of the power plant. I cry back: "I hope you can deal with this on your own for a bit Virgil!"

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You people all suck.

Post  Oneal812 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:44 am

WHAT A DICK. Well, with that I guess I should be going. Ezekiel needs to protect his loli and is retreating which leaves me alone with all these guys. I should probably get inside and see if I could get help from Seras. Then again, Elena is still walking the perimeter and if she gets stuck in this crowd she couldn't possibly make it out. I think Seras is safe inside for the time being and I would rather see all my team get out of this alive then get any money. I opt out of retreating inside and collapse Seryu over the enemies. I'll have to bring her along once I round the corner but I still should have enough range where they won't see where I go. I get up and start running around the perimeter opposite of the way Elena went. She left a while ago so I should meet up with her soon. Hopefully we can get a plan going from there.
avatar
Oneal812
Registered User

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : Canadadadadadadada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

10/10 Would Ship

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:58 am

And just when I say things aren't happening, boom, dead body. And just when Mr. Free specifically said things wouldn't happen. And with that, it begins... the edge is building up inside me, almost forcing me to say "I didn't ask for this." Luckily, I was strong enough to resist. Blegh, I hate it when that happens...

"It would appear that things are happening," Kristal says with a hint of disappointment in his voice. Things are now happening indeed, though much darker than the kinds of things I'd like to happen. Like finding more treasure. Evidently, that wasn't going to happen here.

"Who could've been responsible for this...?" Looking over, I see a heavy security door still hanging open. Could it be that whoever murdered this man is now inside? This could get bad, real quick. I should probably get inside the building and see if I can track down whoever's done this. Going to track down a murderer. This'll be interesting... and Mr. Free said there would be nothing to do. God damn it.

I walk in, looking around at my surroundings. I notice some colored arrows along the wall, one of them labelled "Control Room". I start making my way down there, hoping that Seras has snapped out of her comatose state. It would be terrible to be down a person in this scenario. And if she is awake, I'm hoping that I'll meet up with her, or my other team members soon...
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Enemy Gamers Incoming

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:18 am

--Outdoors--

Zane was about to order the troops to fire in response to two of his prey now fleeing the scene, when the third also ran away and brought a cloud of fog along with him. "For fuck's sake..."

"Move in and sweep the area!" He commanded. "If you see them, shoot them on sight! We can't let them get away!" With that, he moved into the fog along with his troops, scanning the low visibility area. "If it's a trap, they'll die in here. Unfortunately for them, I don't give a fuck. I could've done this all myself..."

"We've lost them, sir!" One of the soldiers reported. Zane growled loudly in response. 

"Spread out and find them at any costs!" The soldiers followed his command, dividing into three groups, taking the perimeter on both sides and the inside, however slow it was due to the fog. He decided to go with the group circling to the right. "Where are you bastards..."


--Inside The Plant--

The small squadron burst through the doors into the building. Taking notice of Seras and the other workers, they began to fire their barrage of bullets, most of the workers being killed in a bloody display, while the few fortunate ones fleeing down the halls. Noticing Seras had not been wearing a uniform like the workers, they decided that they should leave her at gunpoint and at least collect some information before attempting to gun her down.

"Freeze! You, without the uniform, who are you?!" The squadron leader demanded.
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Basically a walking bass cannon

Post  Touch of Ruin on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 am

Seras was pissed. She decided to tell the men this. "My name is Seras. And Im pissed. Why? Because I was just walking around having a stroll, when these shmucks broke down the door and killed everyone. Bright side? I get to cancel my anger management class today."

With that Seras snapped her fingers and the subtle beeping from the computers and the rhythmic pounding of the machines crescendoed into a sonic boom, blowing the glass out and incapacitating the men. Growling, she then drew her pistol and knife, systematically killing each man with either a bullet to the head or a knife to the throat. Except one. Walking over to the man, she casually blew one of his eardrums apart and slammed him against the wall. "Who the hell do you work for and why the hell are you here?"

OOC: Maybe this alludes to what kind of weekend I had.
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Things Continue To Happen

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Virgil: You run around the corner to the other side of the building where you come across a small parking lot. There are many cars, yet all of their tires are cut. Underneath one of the cars is the corpse of a man, without his clothes. 

You notice that a heavy-looking exit door is hanging open, with the faint sounds of footsteps echoing through, and eventually gunfire followed by a familiar sound you've heard in the arena, a sonic boom. Accompanying the large boom is the shattering of a window farther down from where you came. The sonic boom is accompanied by another round of gunfire. Behind you, you can hear the sounds of several footsteps quickly making their way towards you.

Ezekiel: The speed of your escape shocks everyone, and you successfully land on the roof of the building. Glancing around you can see a retreating Virgil, a large fog bank where the small army was seconds ago, and a few soldiers running out of the fog and spreading out over the grounds. Several disappear from sight around the building in both directions and several more run in through the main entrance. Gunfire is soon heard from inside, followed quickly by a sonic boom, more gunfire and then silence.
The rooftop itself is flat and empty, save for a few small heating vents and what looks like sky lights closer to the back of the building.

Seras: The soldier screams in pain as his eardrum is destroyed and he himself is slammed against the wall. In response to your questioning, he attempts to reach for his blade to attack.

Elena: You make your way down the halls as your footsteps echo through the deathly silent building. Said silence did not last much longer. There was a chorus of gunfire echoing through the halls, followed by a large boom, a familiar-sounding one at that, a sonic boom. It was followed by another barrage of gunfire, and then silence once more.

--Power Plant Control Room--

The mysterious card-carrying man turns his ear to the door for a moment, struggling to hear the muffled gunfire through the reinforced door. However, the sonic boom which followed was loud enough for all to hear. He knew the sonic boom couldn't have been made naturally by anything in the power plant, and that the troops did not possess a weapon nor an ability capable of doing so. "We've got company." A smile came to his face.

"And now here comes the fun part... I wonder when they'll get here..."
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More anger management? Sweet!

Post  Touch of Ruin on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Slightly shocked at the mans actions, Seras had a small conversation in her head as she reacted to the situation.
"apparently blowing this guy's eardrum out wasn't enough to bring him down. I mean geez, does this guy have nano machines or drugs or something? At any rate this should put him down..."

Calmly stepping back, Seras aimed her pistol and fired four rounds, two into his knee caps and two into his elbows. Kicking him in the head she glared. "Ill ask you again. Who the hell do you work for and why the hell are you here?"
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arthria's Brilliance

Post  Primusa on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Standing on the high roof, Arthria and I surveyed the situation, and she says: "Thanks, you made the correct decision in retreating from that position, we would likely both have been killed if we stood our ground there". She looks over the situation carefully as I anticipate her next words.

Elena was gone from the backside of the plant, and must have presumably gone in through the back door. Virgil ran away from the front entrance around the right side of the plant using his fog as a smokescreen, and was nearing the backside.

There were two groups of troops circling around to the backside of the plant, as well as more troops streaming in the front, the apparent leader of the attack was going with the right group. Arthria chuckles and says: "That's even more of a stupid move than I expected. I'll tell you what you should do.

They're trying to pincer Virgil around the backside of the plant by trapping him between the two groups. Judging by this situation, you essentially have two options. Plan A, the superior plan in my opinion, is meeting Virgil behind the plant and staging an ambush against the group of grunts on the left side while killing all of them.

Then he should use the fog to move their corpses to the backside of the plant to rendezvous with the other group while making it look like they are still alive and using the opportunity to ambush the right group and swiftly kill the leader of this attack, stopping them before they can even enter the building.

Potential disadvantages to Plan A include not having the rest of your team to help you. Plan B is to meet Virgil behind the plant and enter the building with him to rendezvous with the rest of your team, and make your stand as four inside the plant.

Potential disadvantages to Plan B include the fact that we don't know their troop movements within the building, the layout of the building, and the fact that the four of you would quickly find yourselves surrounded with enemies entering from both the front and rear entrances".

I was astonished, sometimes I forgot that Arthria wasn't a 12 year old girl, but this speech reminded me quite clearly. A 12 year old certainly could not come up with those plans. To be honest, it made me feel a little uneasy, and reminded me of the girl I betrayed two years ago.

"You're brilliant" is all I could utter in response. She puts a hand to her chest and takes a pompous pose, "Aren't I? Anyways, I'll give you the earpiece now so we can keep in contact, and I'll notify you of any developments that I can see from the roof".

With that, I fly down to Virgil using moth wings, who is by this time standing in the back parking lot. I quickly explain the plans to him, and wait to hear his opinion. I'm personally a fan of Plan A, but if he chooses Plan B, I'll have no choice but to follow him because I can't execute Plan A without him.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friendly Gamers.

Post  Oneal812 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Why is there a naked dead guy underneath this car. I understand him being dead, but why naked? Who would do this. Why. WHY. 

"ECK."

Oh hey, the bug man and his loli are back. Hopefully they managed to get some surveillance on the area when they were LEAVING ME. Eh, I'm glad they are here anyway. I can't really do much by myself. When he land's he tells me about two possible plans they were thinking of.

"I heard what I can only assume was Seras from inside and never met up with Elena on the way here, I think they both can't to be too far from this door. I think we should go and try to meet with them. what about you?"
avatar
Oneal812
Registered User

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : Canadadadadadadada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Executing the Fun Plan (Plan B)

Post  Primusa on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:08 pm

It seems that Virgil has chosen to opt for Plan B, it makes tactically less sense, but I guess there is the upside of having all members of the team making a stand at one place. I adjust my earpiece to send: "He's chosen Plan B". Arthria replies: "Okay, the pincer hasn't fully encircled the back of the plant yet, but you'll be trapped inside before long. Be sure to meet up with the rest of the team soon, or you're all done for". "Alright, let's go inside" I say to Virgil. As I crawl along the wall with spider limbs, and Virgil leads close ahead, I decide to spin dozens of large spiderweb barriers both at the entrance and along the hall. Hopefully that will stall the men trying to enter the rear entrance long enough for us to deal with the men storming the front entrance before turning back on them. Pound for Pound, spider webbing is stronger than steel cables. They will need an energy or magically enchanted blade to break through. They most likely have that, but it will still probably take a long time because of the sheer number of barriers I've placed. Hopefully we can meet up with the rest of the team soon.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:42 am

And there's gunshots. Explosions. More gunshots. Fuck. More things are happening, and from here, I can't tell if they're good things or bad things. That might be bad. However, the sonic boom meant that Seras was there. Given the sequence of which I heard those sounds in... It's fiiiiiiiine. 

"Behind us." Kristal alerts me, and I quickly spin around to see two other people. Luckily, they're my teammates.

"Ezekiel, Virgil. I trust you've heard things happening?" As soon as I finish my probably needless inquiry, I hear rapid steps of several people outside. There's a very strong possibility they're hostiles. I managed to figure that much out from the fact that no one else I know of was outside, and that Ezekiel was currently barricading the entrance with spider webbing. Both are pretty solid cases in supporting that theory. "...Okay. Looks like people want to kill us. What's the plan?"

"It looks like you've got an army chasing after you," Kristal points out obviously. "Want some help with that?"

"NOT THE TIME."
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

4 or Plan C?

Post  Primusa on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:02 am

Perfect, me and Virgil have found Elena, only have to find Seras now. "Ez, they're trying to break through the webbing now" says Arthria through the earpiece. "Shit, we have to hurry up!" We quickly run towards the front entrance, and come upon Seras torturing a guy for information while standing near a bunch of dead bodies that are presumably those of the men who came through the front entrance. Perfect. It appeared that there were no more troops streaming through, so we were no longer encircled, and apparently only facing the men at the rear entrance. I inform Arthria of this news: "The encirclement has been broken, and we're only facing the men at the rear now". I can hear her excitement through the earpiece. "Great news, I've now come up with a Plan C. It consists of this, you airlift the team onto the roof. When the men at the back break half-through the web or so, you guys jump down into the back parking lot, and wipe them out while they're trapped in such an enclosed space. Encircle the people who intended to encircle you, as you will". I personally like this plan, and quickly explain it to the others, seeing what they think of it.

Primusa
Registered User

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I. NEED. INFORMATION

Post  Touch of Ruin on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 am

Seras is still currently beating the shit out of the man for information while the rest of her team talks. Please leave a message after the tone. -BEEP-
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE PLAN

Post  Oneal812 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Hearing our current options I think plan C is our best bet. We don't know if they have reinforcements or not and if we get stuck in a head on fight they could overwhelm us. Maybe we can put some slight variations on the plan. We might need some distraction here. I have a feeling these people will suspect something if they get here and find nothing but corpses.

Wait, corpses? 


"Hey Seras, are you done with those?"
avatar
Oneal812
Registered User

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : Canadadadadadadada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They will plan around our plan, and so we shall in turn plan around the plan that they are planning around our plan.

Post  Youmu Konpaku on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:31 pm

--Control Room--

The card carrying mercenary looked at the security camera's footage, not looking pleased. The camera had been damaged due to the sonic boom, causing the video to tear. The audio cut in and out. From what he did make out, he knew that Zane would soon be in trouble. 

"Well, guess I'll have to start doing things, now. I want you five," he pointed to the chosen group of soldiers, "to come with me. We're going to back up your friend there."

One of the troops took on a serious expression. "You mustn't improperly address our righteous commander..."

"Oh of course, my apologies," he responded with a hint of sarcasm. Then under his breath, "Not that I care anyways... just want my money..."

"I'm sorry?"

"Ah, it's nothing. Now let's go." He took his chosen troops, running towards a side door nearby to where the back was, and waiting there for the right moment to run out and support Zane.

--Main Entrance--

Seras: The soldier begins to madly chuckle as he turns towards you. He is unable to get up due to his injuries and is in pain, but continues laughing nonetheless. 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but now I'm on FUCKING FIRE!" He had spontaneously been lit on fire, as he stated. "SO NOW IT'S FREE GAME! THE ONE WHO SENT ME WAS-"

The soldier's mad rambling was abruptly cut off due to a glass of water which had suddenly manifested itself several meters above him. It came crashing down on his head, and upon contact with the liquid, he had been vaporized into nothingness.

--Back Entrance--

Zane came up to a bunch of the fodder clumping around a doorway mumbling to themselves. They continued to stand around like a bunch of helpless sheep for a moment before he began to lose his patience and demanded "And what exactly are you all doing?"

The group jumped as a whole and turned to face him after a brief moment of silence one member stutters out "We were trying to chase those two kids sir. The ones from before, we saw them go into the building through this door sir but James there", at this he pulls back and Zane can clearly see one of the idiots had managed to get himself caught in a web spread across the door, backwards!!!

Groaning, Zane interrupts the man speaking, "Alright all of you form up! Squad Two and Four watch our backs, Five in the middle and give us some light, Ten through Sixteen, go re-enforce the other entrances, specifically the main one, since I'm sure that’s where I left you seconds ago, The rest of you, behind me, and watch where you point your guns before you start shooting!"

Then walking up to the web, Zane quickly cuts down the web with his sword, then turns to stare at "James" as he falls down. “And you go with team nineteen, mobilize the network and find out what's happening inside, now!"
avatar
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-01-10
Age : 20
Location : Hakugyokurou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well shit

Post  Touch of Ruin on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Stepping back slightly shocked, Seras laughed quietly then turned to Virgil.
"Yeah go ahead. Need any more holes in them?"

---------
OOC: Just a quick post for Dexter to continue. My main one will be up later tonight.
avatar
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-06-10
Location : 11.3500° N, 142.2000° E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Delicate Balance

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum