Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs Empty RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:57 am

This particular Roll to Dodge game was rather popular on the UFF.

I'm just going to copy and paste the rules here...

---------

We will have three different rule "groups," Minor, Major, and Core.

Core rules can only be changed by the Game Master. End of story.

Major rules can only be changed by players who have risen above the rest. These rules ideally involve what kind of die we roll, what rolls are desirable, etc.

Minor rules can be changed by anyone, and only involve things such as a bonus to certain rolls in a location.

All rules affect all players.

Core Rules

The Game Master is always right. Don't try to argue with the Game Master.

All players have infinite lives, and upon death, will respawn elsewhere in the Omniverse. Your HP being equal to or less than zero is considered "Dead." This rule will be altered if the current HP system is altered. Dead players respawn at the end of the turn, and upon respawning, have their HP fully restored, and all status effects removed. Their power level is unchanged.

All actions and combat are decided by rolling a die, regardless of what said action is. The result depends on the roll.

Players can become more powerful than other players. This requires multiple actions, unless a more powerful player assists another. Assisting another player can only raise their power level by one, and their power level cannot come within 1 of your own. (Ex. A level 5 player can only raise a player to level 3). Every increase in level comes with an additional 5 max HP.

Not all actions will succeed. Actions that a player can perform is dependant on how powerful they are. A starting player is roughly equal in power to a mage in a fantasy setting, whereas a more powerful player could be equal to a deity. An automatic failure will be marked in red.

A player must bold their action, and italicize flavor text.

A player must keep track of their own stats in each post, in the event that the Game Master no longer possesses them for one reason or another.

Major rules can only be affected by players who have reached "Deity" status.

Minor rules can be affected by all players.

Actions per turn can only be one, two, or three. Actions per turn is listed under "Major Rules."

A player gets to name any level above 1 and 5. The fifth level is "Deity," though a player may name themselves "God of X" where X is a chosen attribute (ex. God of Time, God of Chaos), or something similar.

You have three days to post an action. After that, you may be skipped.

Bonuses or penalties to any kind or all kinds of rolls is capped at + or - 3, and can only be increased or decreased by 1, except in certain circumstances.

Additional rules may be added as necessary.

Major Rules

Players have 10 HP, and begin with 10 HP.

1d6 is rolled to determine actions.

The current results for each roll are as follows:

1 - Epic Fail. You have made the situation far worse than if you had ordinarily failed, and you injured yourself in the process. Take 2 Damage.
2 - Fail - Your action had no effect, and you injured yourself in the process. Take 1 Damage.
3 - Minor Success - Your action was incomplete, or completed in a disappointing way.
4 - Success - You succeeded in your attempt.
5 - Epic Success - You succeeded in such a way that the situation has turned in your favor. +1 HP.
6+ - Overshot - You succeeded in a way that made the situation worse, and overexerted yourself in the process. Take 1 Damage, and take 1 additional damage for every number over 6 (Ex. Take 3 damage on an Cool

Conflicts are resolved with a roll for each side. The higher roll succeeds, and ties do nothing.

Combat is resolved with a roll for each side. The higher roll succeeds, and the difference is damage. Ties do nothing.

Players get one action per turn.

Players who "combine" share stats.

Combat between players of different levels grants a +1 bonus per difference in level to the player with a higher level (ex. A level 3 player gets a +2 combat bonus against a level 1 player)

Minor Rules

No Minor Rules are in play.

Character Sheet:

Name:
HP: 10/10
Level: 1 "Mortal"
Status Effects

----------

That should do it. Post an action with your character sheet.

As for plot?

You make the plot.

Last edited by Infinity's End on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs Empty Re: RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs

Post  Megaprr Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:47 am

wait, so does this mean we're starting? Very Happy
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs Empty Re: RtD Chaos - Turn Two - Demonic Dogs

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:05 am

Wrong.

This is just a RtD I've moved from the UFF.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 am

*Sighs* We can't even get half the forum to be online, what makes you think that this will work well?
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:10 pm

We need something to do here other than plan and count to a million.

That is all.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 pm

True enough, and anyways, this can be the absolutely absurd roll to dodge. Summoning stars, creating black holes, and filling the omniverse with cheese.

Cheese for everybody!

Oh, wait. Cheese for nobody. That can be just as good a prize if you don't like cheese.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:51 pm

we use whatever character you want?
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 pm

No, just a totally new character. Think god-like power for every roll.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Read the Core Rules. You aren't a god.

Yet.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 pm

i think ill use this guy. he was my second idea for a character. (i've got a third as well)

Summary:

Passionate for art, anything he draws comes to life and off the page. On the outside, he seems like a forgetful failed artist, on the inside, he is a passionate psychopath that perceives killing as an art. He was born on arcana but lived most of his life in enigma. On the streets he was known as a shadow, or a ghost, because nobody had ever seen him and lived to tell the tale. All that is known is that some nights you could hear shocked screaming and then silence, accompanied by faint humming of a famous symphony or two, if the bodies were inspected, you could see his signature, "the artist". One after the other, people walking in alleyways were being killed by him. Some people even stopped walking there for fear of running into him. He was feared on the streets of enigma for some time. Until one day, he simply vanished. He may have stopped killing, he may have died, all that is known is that the deaths ceased, and the mysterious humming vanished of the face of enigma.

“He himself is part of enigma in a way, because he himself is an enigma.” – anonymous citizen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is armed with several “brushes” which are enchanted to have their own effects. ie: One is a brush that cuts anything it touches. He loves all the fine arts, and considers killing to be one. He enjoys classical music, and poetry and theater. he has tremendous speed both for drawing and in general. to the point that it combined with his passionate bloodlust trance everything seems in slow-motion. he can draw a beast in a matter of seconds.

name: no name apart from "The Artist", call him Arty
Hp: 10/10
Level 1: Mortal
more to come

Last edited by Megaprr on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Okay, my character will be Fate, a character I've had for a long time. Traditionally a spellsword, he is a true follower of the way of the sword. He understands the value of magic, but chooses to send his foes to their deaths by his blade instead. Considered to be one of the strongest swordsmen in existence, he is highly skilled with a blade. He is described as having "cold, dead eyes," and "an unshakable resolve." He is meticulous with his killing, being able to eliminate entire organizations on a whim. His personality is cold, ruthless, and utterly unpredictable. He is known for his gaze, which causes most foes to run as soon as they look into his eyes. His sword skills are spectacular, being able to cut through even diamonds. His sword is called Ruthless Severing Fang, and possesses the power to consume magic by cutting it. While holding his sword, he can see magical energy, and can sever it, rendering it useless.

So.....

Name: Fate
Status Effects
None currently, aside from what is listed in my description

Last edited by The Dark King on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making IE not bitch at me.)
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

First I need some more info on the rules for example some of the things you put under Major action I think should be under minor because for example say I some how managed to get a spell that lets you change your chance to do a action does this mean you have to be the highest level and I quote
Major rules can only be changed by players who have risen above the rest. These rules ideally involve what kind of die we roll, what rolls are desirable, etc.
so tell me what this means? also you say
Don't try to argue with the Game Master
but what if you and your fellow players have a uniform argument are you saying not to bring it up? and on that note shouldn't I be able to say if I have a problem? I understand control but this statement makes it sound like there is no hope if you have any sort of problem? Another issue I have is the rule
All actions and combat are decided by rolling a die, regardless of what said action is. The result depends on the roll.
is this saying that to talk to someone I have to roll the dice or is it just sating that major actions require rolling of the dice? A issue I would also like to bring up is
A player must keep track of their own stats in each post, in the event that the Game Master no longer possesses them for one reason or another.
you say this and I understand why as it says but does this mean that some one will post a status update after every round? Next I take this
Players can become more powerful than other players. This requires multiple actions, unless a more powerful player assists another. Assisting another player can only raise their power level by one, and their power level cannot come within 1 of your own. (Ex. A level 5 player can only raise a player to level 3). Every increase in level comes with an additional 5 max HP.
as to mean its impossable to move up a level unless you have help now if thats correct fine but as a personal option shouldn't this be under Major insted of under Core. Now one thing I don't understand in the rules what exacatly is a
flavor text
?

Second my character pretty simply is a buisness men who has been though many years about 57 and has a pretty vast knowing of things. He is very optamistic and likes to help people around his homeland he has a loving wife and two children who have gone into a heavy study of magic. He had two loving parents and spent much of his life in isolation and to himself he now sorrounds himself with people and likes party and fine dinners he is patient and dresses rather fancily typicly with a black suit dark red dress shirt black tie and shiny black oxfords he has played several instruments in his life and likes to listen to most music he has no true option on religion or polotics and does not typicly cary any kind of weapon on him but has the training and tactics to make it through most fights magical and non-magical alike. He has never been suspect of crime and honestly the only time he has had any experience with crime is when he gave the police force a donation and they invited him to come have a look at how they were using it in a ongoing investigation. He likes power had occasionaly takes it too his head but has never trully seeked it he has always been given it. Though he does what he must in a situation this is what gives him his reputation as the most persuisive men in the known space this is like having a member of law inforcment turn his back on him commiting murder or making octillions of the currency in a single signature

Name: Morsi

I think thats about it sorry it was so long but I had some questions and I wanted to put some detail into my character
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 pm

The following is a quote from BAM Blind and Mad, including answers to his questions.

First I need some more info on the rules for example some of the things you put under Major action I think should be under minor because for example say I some how managed to get a spell that lets you change your chance to do a action does this mean you have to be the highest level and I quote

so tell me what this means?

Stuff under Major Rules can only be changed by a player at Level 5 "Deity"

also you say

Don't try to argue with the Game Master
but what if you and your fellow players have a uniform argument are you saying not to bring it up? and on that note shouldn't I be able to say if I have a problem? I understand control but this statement makes it sound like there is no hope if you have any sort of problem?

Rule 0: The GM is always right. This is true with EVERY roleplaying system and RtD game. It was originally made because one particular UFF member was...well...you know.

If there IS a mistake, tell me and I will fix it. If I misinterpret your action, tell me and I will fix it.

Another issue I have is the rule

is this saying that to talk to someone I have to roll the dice or is it just sating that major actions require rolling of the dice?

Use common sense. Talking is a free action, stabbing someone isn't.

A issue I would also like to bring up is
you say this and I understand why as it says but does this mean that some one will post a status update after every round?

Just include any status updates with your character sheet in your post. If you have an item that gives you +1 to Combat, include that. If you have a status effect that gives you -5 to actions involving your right arm, include that.

Next I take this

as to mean its impossable to move up a level unless you have help now if thats correct fine but as a personal option shouldn't this be under Major insted of under Core.

You can raise your level on your own, but it's easier with assistance. This is under Core because no player can change it.

Now one thing I don't understand in the rules what exacatly is a
flavor text
?

Flavor text is just additional text, for roleplaying purposes, that describes your action, what you're saying, etc.

The action "Stab in the face." can have the flavor text "I sneak up on , and take out my dagger. Then, I jump out in front of him and proceed to introduce his face to said dagger."

-----

Quote ends here.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 pm

you didn't really answer one of my question is there going to be some sort of sum up or not?
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Of your status?

Yeah, I can update your status each time, but keep a copy for yourself in the event I lose track of mine.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:20 pm

so when are we going to start now I understand the rules and have my character Dark King has his Megaperr has his and I asume IE isn't playing as a player so I don't see why we shouldn't the four that are commonly on are here and since this isn't the main game
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:41 pm

...I said, post an action with your character sheet...

Just post an action in your next post, then.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 pm

I have decided to search for the Grand Art. the ultimate form of beauty. to begin my quest, i will travel to Arcana and find someone who can describe and teach it to me. if they can't help me, i'll kill them.I search for the nearest SpacePort
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:27 pm

First question does this have to take place in the altered lore can't we have a diffrent one that is created as we go?

I wonder down a blank hall to a door in which I belive is a lot of money I enter the door its a blank room with a single wooden table it has a black breifcase on it a dog stands up from its perch on the table I begin to wonder how I got here? where I am? A dog begins to attack me I try to block
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:42 pm

...What lore?

I told you, you create the story, not me.

If you want to bring the Altered continuity into this, go ahead. If not, fine.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 pm

but wouldn't it be confusing if I don't have the same reality as other people?
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:16 am

Pffft.

There is an infinite space containing all possible universes, aka the Omniverse, for you to play with.

It doesn't need to fit in.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 am

fair enough.

...now what?
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm going to wait for one more.

Then we shall begin.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:59 pm

I decide to search for a worthy opponent to cross swords with. I search for an opponent to fight.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next