Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RtD Altered - Happy New year!

+5
RagingSeas
The Dark King
BAM Blind And Mad
Megaprr
The Silent Watcher
9 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! Empty RtD Altered - Happy New year!

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:04 am

Do not post in this topic until a green light is given in the OOC Discussion.

Out of Character Discussion for this game is located here. All Out of Character Discussion will go in that topic, regardless of the content.

Status Sheets for this game is located here. Do not post in the Status Sheets topic.

Last edited by The Silent Watcher on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! Empty Re: RtD Altered - Happy New year!

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 am

Attention: Please post your starting location, and what your character is doing (preferably in action form), here. Once everyone has posted, I shall begin the first turn.

Actions are bolded, roleplaying and flavor text should be in italics.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I sit quietly in the dark waiting for the shuttle to arrive at it's destination. As I meditate on my future actions, Memories come back haunting my thoughts. Deep inside me a powerful evil is growling. I feel it trying to get out. I must get stronger.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I await my orders from Brom while cleaning my equipement with practiced hands and observing the scene around me.
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

I search around on the ground for a small stone or twig. Using telekinesis, I lift it 30 cm above my hand and start to rotate it clockwise, all the while looking for the ship to pick us up. As the universe moves with and around me, I think back to the events that started me on this journey.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:40 pm

The ECT Tornado touched down upon an Arcana spaceport, crews rushing for maintenance and refueling. A mere ten minutes later, a smaller shuttle left, carrying only a single person: The Steel Wanderer.

This personal transport darted across the Arcana Plains, to a location known to only a few people outside of various government organizations. A simple pickup, with an admittedly-unusual amount of secrecy.

Landing in front of two people, the boarding ramp lowered. The first thing visible was a slight metallic shine, then the Steel Wanderer descended.

"I was informed that only one would arrive, Lavhu Do Gein. Who's this?"

Descend and greet the Army of One and his companion.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Constantly running and hiding from a multitude of gangs and bounty hunters to avoid the off chance of being recognized.Carefully plotting and getting the layout of the major settlement on the desert planet Tarterus. Waiting for the perfect opportunity to get away from all of the madness pursuing him so he may finally find a place where he belongs.
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:18 am

I sit at my makeshift camp looking at the sunset, sharpening my blades and cleaning my guns while deciding on what I'm going to do the next day.

EDIT: That was too awful to read, so I fixed it. -TDK-
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I continue to trudge through the endless sand dunes, poring over my dusty tome and desperately trying to decipher the strange language of magic it is written in
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:57 pm

After my trial was decided, the jury condemned me to Tartarus for the murder of a young man while under the influence of alcohol. This being my 50th offence, I can understand that their patience has run out.

I am currently on a prisoner shuttle, on my way to one of the prisons. The only thought I let pass through my mind is that Od Sah will never be able to locate me on Tartarus.
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! Empty Turn 1: So It Begins...

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Megaprr - 3 wrote:I sit quietly in the dark waiting for the shuttle to arrive at it's destination.

You feel the ECT Tornado land, but pay it no mind. It will take off again soon. Instead, you focus inward, and remember the evil within. However, nothing helps to strengthen your resolve, but it isn't weaker.

BAM Blind And Mad - 6 wrote:I await my orders from Brom while cleaning my equipement with practiced hands and observing the scene around me.

You quietly clean your equipment, but notice something wrong with your rifle...

Equipment Damage - 6

You're not certain how, but something's jammed in the barrel, and it's not a bullet. However, you're quite capable of fixing this. The debris is easily removed.

As for the scene around you, it's a fairly simple plain, Brom's picking things up with telekinesis, a shuttle lands...

Ah, that must be your ride.

The Dark King - 3 wrote:I search around on the ground for a small stone or twig. Using telekinesis, I lift it 30 cm above my hand and start to rotate it clockwise, all the while looking for the ship to pick us up.

Spinning a pebble with telekinesis, a task too trivial to require effort, you think back. The Arcana government had asked you to investigate this anomaly, but no other information was given. Presumably, your contact will fill you in.

A shuttle lands.

The Silent Watcher - 2 wrote:Descend and greet the Army of One and his companion.

You speak. No response is heard from the Army of One.

"Well? Who is he?"

RagingSeas - 5 wrote:Constantly running and hiding from a multitude of gangs and bounty hunters to avoid the off chance of being recognized.

You memorize the basic layout of the settlement, and find a few hiding spots as well. +1 to stealth in major Tartarus settlements.

Blacksar88 - 3 wrote:I sit at my makeshift camp looking at the sunset, sharpening my blades and cleaning my guns while deciding on what I'm going to do the next day.

Sitting at your camp, you decide to maintain your equipment. After your guns are clean, you try to sharpen your blades. There's hardly any work necessary, and you're finished in short order. Now, what to do tomorrow?

VokunKreh - 3+1=4 wrote:I continue to trudge through the endless sand dunes, poring over my dusty tome and desperately trying to decipher the strange language of magic it is written in

As you walk, you decipher a page or two in your tome. What you learn helps you with Darkness magic, and you think that Shadowmelding will be somewhat easier.

+2 Darkness XP, Shadowmeld now uses a (110, 60) Willpower check

choppedliver - 3 wrote:I am currently on a prisoner shuttle, on my way to one of the prisons. The only thought I let pass through my mind is that Od Sah will never be able to locate me on Tartarus.

You quietly wait in your cell. Unless Od Sah is on the shuttle with you, you shall not be found.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Slowly, with great concentration, I reach out into the air with both mind and hands in an attempt to condense the moisture in the air into a watery orb in my hand.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Walking towards the shuttle, I draw my sword with telekinesis, and proceed to swirl it around myself at a distance of 3 meters from me, all the while never taking my eyes off of the man in front of me. "He's an old friend of mine," I reply. "The government gave me clearance for him to come with me. That won't be a problem, will it?" I also begin to cast flames, keeping it ready in case of a fight. Use telekinesis to draw my sword, and spin it around my character, like a hula hoop. Also prepare to ignite flames on the speaker, in case there is a fight.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Slowly and ever so carefully i use the back alleys of the settlement to pick my way towards the star port without drawing any attention.
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 pm

The moment the sword was drawn, the Steel Wanderer's hands moved towards his own weapons.

"Whether it is a problem remains to be seen, mage. And for the record, it would be unwise to raise your weapon against me."

Ready self for an attack.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:16 pm

as Brom and the unknown man begin to talk raising weapons upon first meet I begin to question the reason for such a man's appearance was this the man or ship we were waiting for if so, why? for what reason was this man important he was simply built about 150ibs about 6 feet tall what made him so special? I observe all his movments from the corner of my eye when I realize he is reaching for his weapon I miror the sight making my gun able to fly across my arm and shot in seconds in which I have done so many times in years that have passed

Observe the man's every move and Ready my gun
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I trudge onwards, dragging my feet through unending sand dunes and wonder if I will ever reach my destination
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm

I've landed on tartarus and am being herded, along with the other 6 prisoners, into the holding dock. They'll keep us here until the shuttle takes off again. As they take off, I cut my binds on a sharp edge of the holding dock. The other prisoners, 2 males and 4 females, take notice of my actions. Surprisingly, they seem bewildered and lost, some even seem scared. As the dock walls around us fall into the ground, I pull my silver and malachite dagger from its hiding spot in my boot. None of the other six seem to notice me, and they all seem to be eager to get away from each other.

All of them have either committed minor crimes or were convicted of crimes they didn't commit, victims of the corruption in the Monera Kingdom. Only one of them, the largest male, was a Rypklup. He seemed to be just going into middle age, probably a businessman of some kind. I have never been one for cold-blooded murder, and the murder that landed me here was a drunken accident. But I need some kind of armour... and food. As he backed away from the other 5, tripping over his own feet, and trying to free his hands by pulling the binds apart, he didn't even notice me before I stabbed my knife into his neck.

Attacked male Rypklup with dagger - attempt to kill.
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

As I wake up, I decide to go in the direction I saw the settlement during the crash. I pack my things go to what is hopefully civilization, and off this god d%^& dust bowl of a planet
Role is to make progress towards friendly civilization
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! Empty Turn 2 - Sands of Tartarus

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Megaprr - 5+1=6 wrote:I reach out into the air with both mind and hands in an attempt to condense the moisture in the air into a watery orb in my hand.

Hydrokinesis (70,20) - Willpower: 83+5-20 + Roll of 1 = 69

You focus, but suppressing Iiz-Sil makes it difficult. A bit of moisture condenses, but the magic you force into it causes it to boil away. There isn't enough to harm you, however.

The Dark King - 4+1=5 wrote:Use telekinesis to draw my sword, and spin it around my character, like a hula hoop. Also prepare to ignite flames on the speaker, in case there is a fight.

Telekinesis (70,20) - Willpower: 87+15 + Roll of 9 = 112

Your blade is drawn, poised to strike the stranger, who immediately readies himself for attack. A puff of smoke emits from your hands, as you conjure up a bit of magic in preparation for casting Flames.

+10 Willpower when casting Flames next turn.

+3 Force XP

RagingSeas - 4+1=5 wrote:i use the back alleys of the settlement to pick my way towards the star port without drawing any attention.

It is child's play for you, with your newfound knowledge of the settlement, to reach the spaceport itself. You reach the titanic walls with ease, and no one finds you.

While you were moving, a crystal had caught your eye. Some fool must've dropped it. It looks like it's worth a decent amount. Perhaps you could use it?

+Small crystal

The Silent Watcher - 4 wrote:Ready self for an attack.

You mentally prepare yourself to cast a barrier, Your pistols aren't drawn, but your hands are on them. If the mage decides to attack, you are ready.

+5 Willpower when casting Barrier next turn
+1 to Pistol Use next turn
+2 Support Mage XP

BAM Blind And Mad - 1 wrote:Observe the man's every move and Ready my gun

You would ready your gun, but it appears you aren't finished maintaining it. A few parts are still removed, rendering the weapon inoperable. You can easily fix it, but it will take some time...

-Gun cannot be used next turn.

VokunKreh - 2 wrote:I trudge onwards, dragging my feet through unending sand dunes

You walk, and see nothing but sand. A slight breeze picks up, nothing signalling a storm, but enough to irritate your eyes slightly. You reach the top of a dune, and look around whilst shielding your eyes.

You only see sand.

choppedliver - 3+2 wrote:Attacked male Rypklup with dagger - attempt to kill.

Attack: 3+2=5 VS Rypklup - 2

The Rypklup had seen you earlier, but the attack was unexpected. You effortlessly move in for the kill, and slit his throat. You remain undetected, and hide your knife again.

+Dead Rypklup, Male

Blackstar88 - 2 wrote:Role is to make progress towards friendly civilization

You pack up for the day, and begin walking. Climbing one dune after another, you fail to see any camp.

The wind picks up slightly.

Random Event on Tartarus? 2 - Nothing happens.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Noticing that the newcomer's posture has shifted ever so slightly, I realize that he is thinking the same thing. Slowly, and very carefully, I pull my sword to me, then slide it back into its scabbard, as well as quench the flames. "That would be correct, Dwiin Rovaan. But I couldn't let some stranger who just descended from space, whose intentions are unknown, catch me off guard could I? And before you ask, I do have a dossier on you." I remark. "Quite an impressive record, I must say. Good choice by the government to send you on this expedition. Now, I assume we're behind schedule? Let's get going." I finish as I start walking up to the shuttle.
Sheathe sword after pulling it to myself carefully, and extinguish flames. Walk towards the shuttle.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Angry that my powers refuse to come forth, I do what I have normally done to get water. I extend both my hands and strike the ground, using the entire room floor and walls as an extension of my magic. slowly, I begin pulling up as one would when trying to make a sand castle's towers.
"With a bit of luck, my magic hasn't atrophied during this long trip. when I get to land, I'm gonna slice a tree in two and then freeze it back into place to test my strength." I think to myself.

Minor action:

After the second attempt, I look around to see if there are any items worth taking.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I search through the swirling sands in yet another attempt to find shadow enough to travel through
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Noticing that the two men are starting to end hostilaties I began to fix my stuff if I find I can't I have the intention of taking all my stuff onboard the ship and fixing there

Role:fix stuff IF NOT take on ship
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 pm

The 5 other prisoners took no note of my kill, and I skinned the Rypklup almost effortlessly. He was much larger than I, which made for better-fitted amour. I let the hide tan for a few hours on a rock about 200 meters from the now-hidden launch pad and holding dock.
As I waited for it to tan, I thought about my next move, and searched the rest of the Rypklup's body for anything potentially useful. I knew a little about desert survival from the 2 years I spent along the Monera Kingdom's eastern coast. This was going to be worse, that I knew for sure, but I was unable to remember anything specific about Tartarus's geography from my youth. Ma and Father had home-schooled me until they died, and afterwards I didn't really care.

When when I determined the hide had tanned enough, I began to shape it. I sliced off the tail, the head and cut the legs off at the knees and the arms off just above the elbows. I used the tail as a belt, made the torso into a shirt with 6 sinew ties down the front and used the leftovers to make shin- and arm-pads, gloves, basic shoes and a hood to protect me from the sun. I even had enough to make a small pack to attach to my belt. I managed to start a fire with some bone, dry grass and old wood I found by the large rock. I cooked some meat (no, Its not cannibalism) and made a water pouch out of the liver and bladder.

I slept there that night, just by that rock. I put out the fire just as the sun's last rays peaked over the horizon. I had forgotten how cold desert nights were. Digging a shallow hole against the rock to keep me from the winds, I put on my armour and attempted to sleep. It seemed like only minutes had past before my over-sensitive ears picked up the sound of foot steps approaching. Whoever - or WHATever - it was, was still quite far away, and I hoped it wasn't headed my way.

But it was. I slowly look up from my shallow hole, ears flat against my head so it couldn't see me. It was and upright being of some kind, It seems to not be headed anywhere in particular, but is large and potentially dangerous. I readied my dagger as I draw it from my boot, but only for defensive reasons.

I had made a very important first kill. Now, It was time to try to find an ally...

Ready dagger for defence, stay hidden in shallow ditch and wait for the upright being to approach. Move is to see if being is potential friend, or a foe.

Last edited by choppedliver on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next